Not every user is familiar with the possibility of removing the password from a PDF. It’s not difficult to get around the annoying hurdle. All you need is the right instructions, which you can find with us.
PDF: remove passwords with Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is one of the standard programs for PDF files. If these are protected with a password, it is difficult to edit the file. We’ll show you how to remove passwords.
- Open a document using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Once the document has been opened, select the File menu item.
- Under File select the “Properties” and there “Security”. You will find the document properties within this tab.
- In the document properties click on Show details. You can now remove the password in the window that will now open.
- Depending on the Adobe variant used, you may need a subscription for this function.
- Alternatively, you can use programs or browser applications to edit PDF files in order to remove the password.
How to remove password from PDF files online
AnyPDF is a free tool to unlock pdf. Remove password protection from PDF file online. Registration is not required to use.
- Drag and drop your document in Unlock PDF page.
- Confirm that you have the right to the file and click “Unlock PDF”.
- The decryption process should start right away.
- Modify your PDF further, or click “Download File” to save the unlocked PDF.
The locked password will be removed immediately, giving you the ability to view and edit the PDF file. If it’s not tamper-proof, you can also modify the copy of your PDFs in any way you want. It should be noted that this tool, unfortunately, cannot recover forgotten PDF passwords or unlock files that are highly encrypted.